Open auditions for Death of a Salesman
By Arthur Miller
Directed by Merv Wingard
Auditions will be held Thursday, November 8th at 6 p.m. and Saturday, November 10th at 2:00 p.m.
SHOW DATES FEBRUARY 8-24, 2019
Open auditions for OTA’s production of Death of a Salesman
The story revolves around the last days of Willy Loman, a failing salesman, who cannot understand how he failed to win success and happiness. Through a series of soul-searching revelations, we discover how his quest for the “American Dream” kept him blind to the people who truly loved him. A thrilling work of deep and revealing beauty that remains one of the most profound classic dramas of the American theatre.
Auditions are for these characters:
- “Willy” Loman: A salesman in his mid-sixties, unstable, insecure, and self-deluded.
- Linda Loman: Willy’s loyal and loving wife.
- Biff Loman: Willy’s elder son.
- Harold “Happy” Loman: Willy’s younger son.
- Charley: Willy’s somewhat wise-cracking yet kind and understanding neighbor.
- Bernard: Charley’s son.
- Jenny: Charley’s secretary.
- Uncle Ben: Willy’s older brother who became a diamond tycoon after a detour to Africa.
- The Woman: “Miss Francis”, with whom Willy cheated on Linda.
- Howard Wagner: Willy’s boss.
- Stanley: A waiter.
- Miss Forsythe: A girl whom Happy picks up at the restaurant.
- Letta: Miss Forsythe’s friend.
Auditions are open to everyone, with no appointments necessary. If you can’t make it, you’re welcome to call 360-683-7326 to make alternate arrangements for an audition.
OTA is also looking for creative people to fill out the production team. This is a production with very interesting possibilities for set, lighting and costume design elements among other creative opportunities. If you are interested in helping out behind the scenes, please inquire.
Interested in auditioning? Take a look at the Main Stage Season and Second Stage Season for performance dates and descriptions of the shows.
For more information about auditions or other upcoming events, call the OTA office at (360) 683-7326.