Leaving Iowa, a comedy about family vacations.
OTA open auditions for Leaving Iowa
Olympic Theater Arts in Sequim is announcing Open Auditions for the play “LEAVING IOWA”, a comedy about family vacations.
The play explores the all-too-familiar family road trips taken by Dad, Mom, Sister and Don, the main protagonist, throughout childhood, and re-lives these delightfully disastrous family vacations through flashbacks from the past and vignettes in the present.
Auditions will be held Thursday, April 5th at 6 p.m. and Saturday April 7th at 2 p.m.
Auditions are open to everyone, with no appointments necessary. If you can’t make it, you’re welcome to call 360-683-7326 to make alternate arrangements for an audition.
“Leaving Iowa” has a core cast of 6 characters with an even split between men and women, and an expandable assortment of smaller roles. Characters include:
- DON, A busy Boston reporter as an adult, but also a whiny, complaining, and antagonistic back seat passenger as a kid during flashbacks.
- DAD, a quiet ghost who, in his urn, is Don’s passenger on his journey.
- MOM, the ever-calming influence on Dad and the kids.
- SIS, a controlling, somewhat critical, but loving adult, and an overbearing, teasing, sneaky big sister during flashbacks in the back of the car.
- Plus an assortment of comedic roles such as a farmer in his silo, Don’s grandfather, a grocery store clerk, an Amish flea-market peddler, and a Civil War performer.
The show runs from June 15th to July 1st. Performance times are Friday and Saturday at 7:30 pm and Sunday at 2 pm.
Contact Olympic Theatre Arts at 360-683-7326 for more information.
Interested in auditioning? Take a look at the Main Stage Season and Second Stage Season for performance dates and descriptions of the shows.
For more information about auditions or other upcoming events, call the OTA office at (360) 683-7326.